Tuesday 3 January 2012

Pretty Green Eyes

Today I was going to blog about 3 different Illamasqua pigments, but as I was at a loose end this afternoon I have decided to blog about each of them individually and show you the looks I have created using each one.
To start I have opted to show you the first Illamasqua pigment I ever purchased, which was Conquer.
I am a fan of any kind of teal/turquoise shade so this one immediately caught my eye.




I has always been a fan of Mac pigments previously and loved the extra sparkle and sheen they gave my eyes beyond what a normal eyeshadow does.The Illamasqua packaging is also far more user friendly than Mac's. I have lost count over the numerous times I have tipped over my pots of Mac pigment resulting in a carpet covered with colourful sparkles.
I will admit that the pigment isn't the cheapest on the market (£15.50 for 1.3g) especially if it is a shade that you are not going to use very often, however the finish is second to none and a little goes a long way.


Application
  • I would always recommend using a primer prior to applying any sort of pigment to the eye. This ensures that the colour stays more vibrant on the lid and will also make it last longer.
  • When using pigment always apply eye make up before you apply your foundation to your entire face, this ensures that any drop out bits can be easily brushed or wiped away using a cleansing wipe.
  • Application of the pigment should be in a pressed motion rather than a sweep ensuring the product has the intense finish that you desire.
  • The colour can also be amplified when applied over a dark base for this you could use any dark grey/black cream eyeshadow or a black kohl liner.
  • The pigment can also be applied with a sealing gel and a thin brush to create a shimmering eyeliner.


The Look


The look I have opted for is an intense graduated green eye with pink cheeks and lips.


  •  I start by applying a small amount of foundation to my eye area ensuring all necessary areas are covered.
  • I then take an eye shadow primer and apply it to the entire eyelid.
  • Then I applied a black kohl liner to my lash line, including my lower lashes smudging outwards to create a smokey effect.
  • I then used a natural eye shadow to cover my entire eye lid and today I used Mac's All That Glitters, which is a shimmery champagne colour.
  • Then to the inner corner of my eye I applied a light but vibrant green shade and for this I used Mac's Overgrown. Later to intensify the colour I applied a Mac pigment in Chartreuse.
  • To the remainder of my lid I then applied a dark green shadow which I took up to 3/4's of the lid just below my brow in the outer corner ensuring I blended towards to the outer corner to again create a smokey look. The colour I used for this was Humid by Mac.


  • To the centre of my lid I applied Mac's Teal pigment which is a hint more blue that the Illamsqua Conquer. This allowed a great graduation between the shades on my eye.
  • Finally, I used the Illamasqua Conquer pigment on the outer corner of my eye following the line I had earlier created with the Humid shadow, finishing off the outer corner of my lid with a black shadow to deepen the look.
  • I finished the look off with a stroke of liquid eyeliner prior to applying some false eyelashes. The eyelashes that I used were Illamasqua number 14. These lashes retail for £12 but you will get many wears out of them due to the thickness of the band. I think I have worn mine 6-7 times and they are still perfect, the glue which is also supplied is very good and is extremely long wearing. There is no comparison between these lashes and the eyelure ones which you can pick up in Boots or the supermarkets so it is well worth the added investment. One final coat of liquid liner over the lashes and the eyes are complete. :-)


  • Removing all of the excess shadow from your face you can then start your foundation regime as normal. I chose to apply bronzer all over my face and then opted for a matt candy pink blush for my cheeks. For this I used Illamasqua's Nymph powder blusher.
  • For lips I chose two looks, one with a basic clear sparkly gloss - I used Benefit's California Kissing gloss which is perfect for both day and night and it promises a teeth whitening effect. The other look I chose was a bubblegum pink lipstick with an additional coat of gloss at the end.
Hope you like the finished look.
Let me know if you prefer the look with the lipstick or with the clear gloss.





Rhian x


5 comments:

  1. This look is so gorgeous, makes me want to try green eyeshadow- it's a colour I shy away from usually! Need those lashes too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) the lashes were on sale on the illamasqua web site for £5. I bought 2 pairs new years eve eve. Check to see if they are still there x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are, I'm so tempted to try them and I'm really fussy with false lashes! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous look! Love it! Think I prefer with clear lips x

    ReplyDelete