Monday 11 June 2012

Chubby Stick by Clinique

I'm always a bit of a wimp when it comes to applying any sort of colour to my lips. I hate any attention being drawn to them. I've always been paranoid about the size of my lips and believe me I heard every nickname under the sun when I was at school. But at the grand old age of 25, school was a long time ago, and yet I am still under the belief that I am far safer with a nude lipgloss than I am I'm a bold lipstick...
Lately however I have noticed a change.
Every time I see a picture of someone walking down the street wearing bright lipstick I yearn to be that confident, powerful woman giving the one finger salute to the people around who happen to catch a glimpse and think OMG WTF has she got on her lips? Yet it is clear to me that these are my own insecurities and it is these insecurities that I must overcome. All be it one baby step at a time.
This is where the Chubby Stick comes in to it...
Interesting choice of name I think you'll agree, however I like it.
And while it has no fancy, sparkly, iridescent packaging the Chubby Stick
is sleek, sexy and sophisticated offering everything the end user could possibly want in a lip balm.
Under the lid what an only be described as a large crayon presents itself but despite its crayon like facade the Chubby Stick glides on to your lips leaving just the right amount of subtle colour, shine and gloss. Perfect for me and my lip paranoia.
A little goes a long way with the Chubby Stick with great coverage in one application and it has good staying power to boot. The balm also offers a moisturiser so great for when your lips are not feeling their best but you'd still like a little colour.
Not only did this little Chubby Stick leave me feeling invigorated that I could finally add a little colour to my lips without me being conscious that I was drawing attention to my mouth but it also left me wanting more... I would definitely invest in more of these delightful creations and despite them having a price tag of £16 it wouldn't deter me due to the finish ad practicality of the product.

The range now comes in 15 different shades.

I guess the only question left is... Which colour next?

Not too bright though.. One baby step at a time remember ;o)

Rhian Xx

*image shown on my lips is Clinique Chubby Stick in Oversized Orange.

1 comment:

  1. This looks gorgeous and I love the idea of these but the names turned me straight off and I refuse to buy them on principle!
    Pudgy, chunky?! No thanks Clinique, paranoid and sensitive enough about my weight as it is!
    Love love love this colour though x

    ReplyDelete