Tuesday 15 January 2013

Which Pigment?

Pigments, Pigments Pigments... Nearly every brand under the sun is releasing loose eyeshadow pigments in various guises. But which is best!? That is a very difficult question...
My collection of pigments has grown exponentially over the last fee years, and which brand has developed within my collection the most?
Why! Illamasqua of course!
Make no bones about it, I love this brand, from foundations to eyelashes but it is the pigments which I love the most.
I now have 8 Illamasqua pigments in total and would find it impossible to pick my favourite.
All of the Illamasqua pigments are labeled as "Pure Pigment" and I think this is what gives them their extra sparkle... I tend to apply mine on top of shadows for extra drama.
There are iridescent shades such as static and beguile which will add sparkle over any colour shadow, or even to cheeks and lips. The range also has more in depth shades such as involve (purple) zeitgeist (black) and android (charcoal)
Illamasqua pigments retail for £15.50 and are available online www.illamasqua.com or from selected Debenhams and Selfridges stores.
But maybe Illamasqua isn't for you!? Yes it's my favourite but its not the only collection of pigments that I have. Before I fell in love with this brand, Mac would have always been my preferred choice and some of the Mac pigments I own remain firm favourites amongst my glittering collection. Granted as a general rule they aren't as sparkly as the Illamasqua ones but they do come in a selection of brighter/bolder colours. My collection consists of 7 Mac pigments. Some of which I have blogged about previously. Mac pigments retail for £16.50 for 4.5g.
Both of these brands have staying power especially when applied on top of an eyeshadow primer. So it's a close call between the two and as the colour collections differ in both then there is nothing to stop you from mixing it up like I do. It will ultimately come down to which colour preference you have.
Now I understand that not everybody likes to invest considerable amounts of money in make up or particularly products that they aren't 100% familiar with, and this is where the trust Barry M Dazzle Dust comes in to play. These little pots of wonderful are great for first time pigment users and come in a wide selection of colours (although not all colours are available in all branches that you find Barry M product) they also retail for the bargain price of £4.59 (approx) The density of these pigments is a little heavier than the Illamasqua or Mac ones and they aren't quite as sparkly but they are still a great alternative to flat eyeshadows.

I've recently blogged about an Inglot body sparkle which is a great, highly glitterfied option. But there is a new kid on the block!
My most recent purchase a Mac pressed pigment in Deeply Dashing. So how does the pressed pigment stack up to the loose ones? Watch this space.

A list of my pigments is below:
Illamasqua
Ore
Furore
Android
Beguile
Static
Zeitgeist
Involve
Conquer

Mac
Chartreuse
Tan
Vanilla
Blue/Brown
Reflex Teal
Dark Soul
Teal

Barry M
Chocolate
Yellow Gold
Purple

Do you use pigments? Which is your favourite?

Rhian Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment