Sunday 17 February 2013

Loreal Colour Riche Nail Polish - Femme Fatale

I had a stressful afternoon in Boots in the wake of the first Welsh 6 nations match of 2013.
I needed to find the perfect red nail varnish for the event ahead. ( I am aware that this does not sound overly patriotic, but red nails and a red scarf are about as close to a Welsh rugby shirt as I get )
There was an abundance of red polish to select from... But I needed the right one!
I wasn't particularly fussed about brand or price so I showered every unit in sight... Some were too dark some to orange, some too pink! Finding a red polish was proving harder to achieve than I first anticipated.

I approached the Loreal stand, and saw their vast selection of shaded in the Colour Riche section.... Delicious shades in both matte and pearlescent finishes and a wide selection of classic shades as well as fruity pastels. This was where I found my perfect red.

Femme Fatale - A bold pillar box red, perfect! I was also quite found of the name :-)

The Colour Riche polishes state they have an inbuilt top coat, so I applied my base coat and pressed forward with the Femme Fatale polish.

The application itself wasn't the smoothest for me, not because of the initial coverage but because as great as a wide brush is to reduce mishaps and lines in the polish, it is tricky to get the edges right. On the smaller nails the brush was too large, and resulted in a little overspill. Something which rarely happens to me.
The polish itself glided on without fuss, I applied two coats and the coverage was good and even. My only criticism would be that it maybe needed three coats as in the light the tips of my nails could be seen slightly under the polish.
The staying power tho is great! I had the polish on for 7 days with hardly any damage or chips at all and the high shine finish also meant that Loreal were right! No topcoat needed!! My nails stayed glossy and it was a lovely finish.

Colour Riche polish retails for around £5.

Have you tried any? What are your thoughts?

Rhian Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment