Saturday 2 March 2013

Boots No.7 Stay Perfect Nail Polish - So Simple

I don't really have much of a relationship with Boots' No.7 range... I've only ever really purchased it when I've had a voucher for £5 off, in all honesty I find it a little pricey for an own label make up brand and would rather purchase Boots' Seventeen range instead.

As nude nails are on trend this season I thought I would talk to you about a No.7 polish which I previously purchased (using the £5 off voucher you get given at the till) £2 for a nail polish is a bargain!

So Simple is a lovely shade, and has a very subtle sheen undertone which is barely noticeable unless you hold the polish up to the light.
I always apply a base coat to my nails first, so the application of this polish should have been care free.
The coverage on the first coat wasn't great and I was a little disappointed. If I was paying the full £7 for this polish I would expect an at least half decent first coat. Two coats did give an all over coverage which looked great when first applied and I was happy with the result.

Upon waking up the next day - SHOCK HORROR... I had a chip!
Now... I'm the kind of girl that does not leave the house without nail polish - also if required I will paint my nails twice a week as I cannot stand chips in polish.
I was not happy :-(
Now I would like to say that this was the only chip... A good polish normally lasts me five days this barely lasted me one before more chips started to appear! Now three days after first application my nails are a sorry state of affairs and this polish has to go!

I would not recommend this product to any one considering paying the full £7. There are much cheaper better alternatives.
For a product calling itself "Stay Perfect" it leaves a lot to be desired.
The only plus point is the shade, it is a great classic nude.

Rhian Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment