Saturday 23 March 2013

Mac Pressed Pigment - Deeply Dashing

Another day.. Another eye shadow option.
It seems like ages ago that I bought this product. Actually! It was ages ago. January would you believe? And only now I'm getting round to talking about it.
I used a £15 Debenhams voucher which I received from O2 along with £1.50's worth of beauty club points, so technically it was FREE!
So are the best things in life free for free?

I've used a number of loose pigments in my time, and a large amount of those were from Mac. So when I saw they had created a pressed pigment I knew I had to try it.
I played it safe with my selection and went for "Deeply Dashing" a brown shade with silver glitter pigments throughout.
In all honesty I would have happily walked away with the entire collection because every one of them was as appealing as the last. But with my sensible cap on I opted for the one I felt I would use most often.
So despite having this pigment since January I would be inclined to say I've used it less than half a dozen times. Not because I don't love it but because I was kind of saving it for a night out, and was gonna go all out with it. Instead I've been using it in small doses just for added sparkle.

Today, I changed my mind and went for an all over lid look with it but not too heavy. It's the day time after all!

Using a pressed pigment is much less hassle that a loose one as you don't get the drop out, and I don't know about you but I've dropped my loose pigments more times than I care to remember and they make a right mess!
Now as it is still a pigment as such I used a base to make the shadow stick to my lid a little better (I used Maybellines 24hr Colour Tattoo Shadow - another product I've yet to write about) I found that pressing the pigment against the lid allowed a better finish.

I've had the shadow on for about 6 hours already and it's not budged or worn at all and it still has fabulous sparkle.

I do love this product, and you get a sizeable amount for £16.50 so it will last you a long time and I think it's a must for any eyeshadow lover who can't quite get to grips with applying loose pigment.

I can't wait to try out this product for an evening look over a darker base colour!

So it seems Janet and Luther were right...The Best Things in Life are Free
(Well free to me anyway)

Have you tried this product? Did you like it?

Rhian Xx

**In the pics I used Mac's Embark eyeshadow to contour the eye and applied Maybellines Rocket mascara to finish the look. Eyebrows are courtesy of Illamasqua Eyebrow Cake in Thunder.





No comments:

Post a Comment