Sunday 2 June 2013

Collection - Naturally Matt Foundation

I have been home from Portugal for almost a week now and it is safe to say I am suffering some post holiday blues.
For the time being however I am managing to maintain my tan - I LOVE having a tan as much as the next person. There is something about that golden glow that instantly makes you feel better, it also reduces my dependency on foundation which is always a plus!
There are some negatives however, when wanting to wear foundation my usual one doesn't match, and no amount of bronzer makes up for the difference in shades, with this in mind the day after I arrived back from holidays I headed to Boots to pick up a foundation which would better suit my newly tanned skin.
It was the week before pay day and not wanting to spend a large amount of money on a foundation which I wouldn't use for very long, I opted for Collection's Naturally Matt foundation in Almond.
In all honesty I have never purchased a Collection/Collection 2000 foundation, I am extremely fussy about foundations and never manage to find cheaper products that I love as much as my regular foundations, and for this one retailing for £2.99 (35ml) I didn't hold out much hope.

I was wrong.....

This product is great - the coverage and consistency of the product is excellent. It applies to the skin evenly and blends well. I was also shocked at how good the coverage was. I was definitely impressed. I still however had doubts about how long it was going to last on my skin, but as I write this I am 6 hours in to wearing the product and it has not budged..... Granted this product claims "All day fresh matt finish" but then so do a number of products which don't deliver on their claims.

For £2.99 it is an absolute bargain, and as it is quite thick in consistency a little goes a long way. Even after my sun kissed glow has disappeared I will continue to use this product to contour my face with. It will also come in handy for use with the occasional spray tan.

The product is fragrance free and although does not come with an SPF rating, it does contain UVA & UVB sunscreens. It is also mineral enriched, which aids with the flawless look it provides and it leaves skin feeling smooth to the touch.

It is designed to combat the effects of Combination/Oily skin - which is perfect for me.

It is available in six shades: Ivory, Beige, Blonde, Almond, Bronze and Amber.
(My local Boots only had 4 shades available and Almond was the darkest)

Would I recommend this product? YES!! - You would be hard pushed to find a better foundation product for £2.99.

Have you tried this product? What are your thoughts?

Rhian Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment