Sunday 1 September 2013

Illamasqua - Hydra Veil Primer


As shocking as this sounds, I actually wrote a post about this product weeks ago, but in typical ditsy fashion didn't save it! Yes... I'm a muppet. 
So here I am writing it again, which I'm happy to do because I cannot begin to tell you how in love with this product I am. 

I didn't purchase this product when it was first released as I wasn't sure if it was going to be suitable for my combination skin, and at £27 it wasn't a risk I wanted to take. I read a few reviews and was finally recommended it by my lovely friend Sheenie so I finally decided to purchase it. 

The product is a gel based formula, and only a small amount is needed to cover the face. 
The idea is that Hydra Veil creates the perfect base for your foundation, hydrating any dry patches and then acting like a magnet enabling you to use less foundation but still create perfect smooth coverage - it does all of those things! The product also makes your foundation last all day without the need for reapplication of any product (I sometimes suffer with an oily t-zone but with this it's been completely banished. 

When I purchased this product I was already using the Benefit Stay Flawless 15 hour primer, but after trying this my Benefit primer has been left at the bottom of my make up bag. 

I couldn't be happier with this product - the results are great which is positive because at £27 it is an investment. 

The packaging is also pretty nifty, coming with a handy little spoon allowing you to only use the pea sized amount required. 



Have you tried Hydra Veil Did it work for you? 

Rhian Xx

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely tempted to try this...sadly there's no Illamasqua counter in Newcastle any more so may just have to take the plunge and go for it x

    ReplyDelete