Sunday 8 December 2013

Illamasqua Sculpting Duo

I have had a little bit of a splurge this month... It's been make up, make up, make up, dress... And no, none of those were Christmas presents they were all for me :-/ Oops! 
That being said, within the array of products I have purchased, some of them are now some of my favourite things to use on a daily basis, with this little treasure being one of them. 

I have been loosely trying to acheive the whole contoured look for over a year now  but never found the right colour blusher to sit with my skin tone. (Previously I was using a Mac matte blusher in Harmony and Gingerly for when I had some tannage going on) 

What this delicious little product does is that it makes the whole contouring this easy, and gives you the cheekbones you've always desired a la Kim K! And whether you like the girl or not, her make up always looks flawless. 

The two colours that you get in the palette are a soft brown - Heliopolis and a champagne gold - Lumos. 
Heliopolis is the perfect brown shade for us pale ladies which does not look in any way orange! Always a plus :-) the other benefit is that you can apply this colour with as much intensity as you like to suit your skin tone or the type of look you are trying to acheive.


For the day I use my sculpting duo with an angled blusher brush for a soft contour but I have been using my Illamasqua blush up brush (pictured below £28.50) for a more intense evening look. 



The Heliopolis shade can also be used as a bronzer, which I love because I hate that most bronzers are glittery or orange which is why Hoola by Benefit has always been a firm favourite of mine. 

Lumos is highly pigmented but does not look overly glittery on the skin - perfect combination in my opinion. 

The product comes in the usual Illamasqua black gloss square (I'm finding myself flicking through eyeshadow quads and powder foundations in my collection to find the correct one) it also comes with a mirror so is perfect for on the go. 

Retailing at £26 it's not cheap however, very little of the product is required to create the desired look so you will get your money's worth and your cheekbones will have never looked better! 

Rhian Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment