Tuesday 3 December 2013

Sleek Brow Kit Review

Here is a guest blog post courtesy of the beautiful Miss Jody Watts

I have been following 'prettygreeneyes' for some time now and stumbled across the blog about the new Tesco beauty department and decided to see what the fuss was about. 

I was very impressed! I gravitated straight towards the 'Sleek' brand which I have never heard of before. The display was impeccable and the product packaging was really attractive (not to mention the prices). 

I usually use Benefit 'Primpcess' to fill my eyebrows in but I understand this has now been discontinued. I wasn't even looking to replace my current method (I've not run out just yet) but I was intrigued by 'Sleek'. 

Now onto the Product.

Sleek Brown Kit comes in two shades, dark and light and comes in a cute square compact case with a mirror attached (perfect for on the go touch ups) 
Within the case there is a small blending brush, an angled brush and a small tweezers. On the back of the packaging there are clear instructions on how to use the product (perfect if you are new to eyebrow makeup) 
The product itself includes pigmented wax to define and powder to blend. 
 
 
The wax is a really good consistency, it is thin enough to glide on with ease but thick enough to make an impact. I found that the more you put on, the darker the look so you are best off putting it on thin and adding more if necessary. The angled brush is very effective for creating the desired shape but can be a little fiddley as it is so small. The powder goes on evenly and blends well with the wax. The powder is considerably lighter than the wax which compliments the contours of the brow. 
All in all I am extremely happy with the overall finish. It was a quick and easy application and I will definitely be using this in the future. The only drawback would be the length of the brushes but At £8.49 I really can't complain and it didn't effect the overall finished look! 


Definitely worth a try!! 

9/10 


Thanks Jod! Looks fab!! And for £8.49 it looks very similar to the Benefit BrowZings for less than half the price. 


No comments:

Post a Comment