Wednesday 4 June 2014

Illamasqua Matte Veil

There's three things I particularly like talking to you guys about; mascara, foundation and primers!

So why not talk to you about Illamasqua's latest primer Matte Veil? You may have read my previous post about Hydra Veil (if not you should check it out) this product comes in exactly the same packaging as Hydra Veil including little plastic scoop.. The consistency and idea behind the product though is completely different. 

While Hydra Veil... Balances out skin for smooth make up application, the idea behind Matte Veil is well... Quite self explanatory really - keep your skin matte and banish shine. Which makes this product my new best friend! 

The idea behind Matte Veil is that you apply it prior to your primer and foundation. 

I myself have an oily t-zone so only apply this product to that area and use my trusty Smashbox Photofinish primer all over my face. 
With all this hot weather, this primer has has been under a lot of pressure to perform and I must say I am impressed. Obviously my skin is not completely matte from morning until night but there is a definite improvement compared with not using the product. 
Unlike Hydra Veil which had a silicone gel like texture, this is far creamier in consistency and rather than clear has a pink hint to it - reminds me of angel delight. It also smells completely yummy. 


At £30 the product is quite pricey but you really only need the smallest amount. I would definately recommend this to anyone with greasy or combination skin. 

Have you been looking to banish shine? Would you consider this product? 

Rhian Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment