Friday 22 August 2014

YSL - Fusion Ink Foundation

GLAMOUR Reviews: YSL Fusion Ink Foundation

Is this really the latest foundation miracle? Can it really do all the things that it promises?

There was only one way to find out and that was to try it for myself.

I've worn this foundation for the last 4 days and not once in that period did I re-touch or re-apply the foundation as I wanted to see whether it delivered on the 24 hour wear promise.
I have combination skin and always wear a primer but Yves Saint Lauren say that you do not need a primer for this foundation (I have tried with both and I prefer it with a primer as it creates a smoother base to my skin) I also normally always wear a powder to set my foundation - which again YSL state is not needed with this product and in this instance they are right - I don't think any lady would consider adding a powder on top of this as the finish is already mattifying and there is really no need for the extra layer.

The Product

The packaging is to die for - it matches a YSL lip stain I have - it's sleek and stylish and not like any other foundation bottle I've seen before.
The consistency is very lightweight - If you have ever tried the Armani, Maestro foundation I would liken the texture to that, it feels as though you have nothing on but leaves a silky soft base.
The coverage is buildable without any caking at all to the skin and despite my oily t-zone it did not gather in places.
For anyone that is low maintenance when it comes to make up, this is perfect - I saved time not having to apply any powder to my face to set the foundation.
For me, matte coverage is my preference and this certainly evened out my skin with very little effort and no feel of make up what so ever - my only criticism would be that I felt it dulled my skin slightly so for anyone not looking for a completely matte look this foundation is not for you.

As I mentioned I did not touch up or re-apply this product and the staying power was amazing even through a gym and tennis workout.

At £30.50 the foundation is cheaper than the Armani - Maestro and if I am honest I prefer it, it's also available in a wide range of colours.

I received a 7 day sample of this foundation but I will be purchasing as I have never found a foundation that doesn't require me adding an extra layer of coverage before and for me that's a big draw.

Have you tried Fusion Ink yet?

Rhian Xx

1 comment:

  1. I've heard such great things about this foundation. YSL are probably my favourite high end make up brand.. They always have the best packaging! :) xx
    http://katiesdressingroom.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete