Saturday 8 November 2014

GOSH Prime 'n Set Primer and Mattifying Powder

I picked up this product looking for a budget replacement to my Illamasqua loose foundation. I had also watched a YouTube video that if you applied this type of product under your foundation it would create a great base, minimising pores and readying skin for foundation. 
In which case a product called Prime 'n Set seemed like the perfect option. 



Now I'll be honest. On first impression I did not love this product and was ready to give it away to one of my ever grateful friends. Why? Well...

Firstly the texture was not what I was accustomed to with the Illamasqua one. This product was not as fine.... And also seemed a little grainy where it had gathered in places. So not a great start. 

Secondly I attempted the whole powder under your foundation using this and it didn't work for me at all! In fact I hated the finish, I had much better results from a standard pore minimising primer. I have read other posts about this product making an improvement so it may just be my skin that didn't like it. 

With this in mind. This product was banished to my make up storage unit and was going to be given away after I had written a blog post. (This was months ago I may add) 
Following my initial disappointment I picked up the NYX HD powder as a replacement. Both at £9.99-£10.00 but I was much happier with the texture of the NYX as it was similar to my Illamasqua one and if gave a great finish. 

Then! Shock horror! I run out so my only option to set my foundation was to try the GOSH product again. Now to my surprise, as a setting powder I love it!! The finish is great. Creates a lovely matte look to my skin and as its translucent it means my contouring is still visible. It's fair to say I've changed my mind so I'm glad I waited a while to blog about it. 

Maybe powder under foundation just isn't for me, but it may very well work for you. In which case I would give this product a go. 
Main Benefits; 
Pore Minimising
Shine control 
Matte finish
Inproves appearance of lines and imperfections 
Velvet finish. 

Available from Superdrug at £9.99.

Rhian Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment