Sunday 9 November 2014

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge



I haven't used a sponge for my foundation in years! The brush is my preferred application method - some people may prefer fingers or indeed a sponge but for me the brush is King.
Having seen lots of things about the Beauty Blender sponge, this seemed like the next best thing which was available in high street stores (Boots, Superdrug and more so now Supermarkets)

The only thing I don't like about using this sponge is, as with any sponge it absorbs a lot of product meaning you find yourself applying more product than with a brush - that being said the finished result is great. It's also great for building coverage with some lighter foundations without it looking cakey. Oh and for those that love to contour this is great for blending the different shades together.

(real techniques recommend you dampen the sponge first to avoid soaking up too much product) 

I find the best method for application on my skin is to start with a base applied my a brush and then use this sponge to create fuller coverage and contour - but the sponge is a great option if you are looking for a speedy approach and don't want the fuss of a brush.

I've never tried a Beauty Blender but that retails at £16.00 and this is only £5.99.

Have you tried  both these sponges? Is there a difference in quality and performance to justify the difference in the price?

Rhian Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment