Sunday 8 March 2015

Clinique - Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer

This may come as a shock to most people, especially avid Clinique lovers. 

I have never tried Clinique foundation before. 
Phew! Now that's off my chest..... How did my first ever Clinique foundation perform!? 


I welcome the idea of a foundation and a concealer in one - this one boasts "all of the coverage and none of the weight" 

Which I would agree with. It feels weightless on your skin and the coverage was good. I tried this product when I had a few blemishes. 

Application directions are as follows: 

  • Using the large backside of the wand, sweep foundation across your forehead, cheeks, and chin. Then use the angled tip of the applicator – that has a slight dip in it to hold more product – to cover down the bridge of the nose and across the jawline. Blend well with fingers. 

  • Finish by using the pointy tip to spot conceal any trouble areas – under the eyes, around the outside of the nose, on top of blemishes. Pat and blend well with fingers.

So I promptly followed them.  

I found the coverage good, and it wasn't cakey at all. It done an ok job at covering my blemishes but not as good as a concentrated concealer. 
If you don't like a matte finish this foundation is not for you. 
The foundation also has strong staying power and doesn't transfer. 

Now to the naked eye, and in the mirror this foundation looked great. My only criticism is that it doesn't photograph well. Now... Lots of people may think - we'll surely that shouldn't matter. But I tend to disagree. I am not really sure why it doesn't photograph well... But there is something that lets me down. 
That said. That's my only criticism. 



This foundation retails for £25 and if you're looking for a product that covers a number of basis then this could be the one for you. 

Rhian Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment