Sunday 12 April 2015

My first Chanel nail polish

Now I realise I am way way way behind the times when it comes to this.... However. I wanted to share my thoughts regardless. 
I picked up my very first Chanel nail polish a few weeks ago at Duty free in Rome. Now. I was very tempted to sway the Rouge Noir way. After all, for your first Chanel polish it's worth going for the iconic one right? But, after much deliberation. I opted for a dark purple shade (which are always my faves) and picked up 599, Provocation. 




The colour is beautiful, the application is great. That, I cannot praise enough. 
Here's the BUT. 
For the price you pay for this polish, a whopping £18 you would expect (especially these days with all the new formulas out there) this polish would last a reasonable amount of time with or without a top coat. I mean £18 is a big investment. 
Now, before anyone says "have you tried the Chanel or any other top coat" the answer is yes. I've tried this polish both with and without the top coat. But that's not my point. My point is for £18 should it really need it? I think it probably lasted me a max of 2-3 days before a chip appeared. In my opinion this is disappoiting. There will always be Chanel lovers that won't agree with this and that's ok. But this is my opinion and I was expecting something amazing only to be let down. 

So aside from the negative of how long it lasts and the positives of the application and the colour - I will say that Chanel are the leaders in creating trend colours in nail polish, being a fashion brand helps a great deal of course. So if you are one for the latest trends or generally a lover of  Chanel then £18 for one polish shouldn't worry you. But for me... This is likely to be my first and last Chanel polish simply because I don't want to have to re-paint my nails every 3 days because it's chipped. :'-( 

Rhian Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment