Sunday 31 May 2015

Beauty Blender

I've thought it... I'm assuming you've thought it too. 
Could the Beauty Blender really be worth the £16 price tag. 


There is a lot of hype around this product. Instagram is full of bloggers and MUA's raving about them and carrying them in their kit. 
The Beauty Blender really is the Queen of the sponge world at the moment... But as with any market leading product there are a lot of contenders to the throne. So why this one? What makes this one so special? 
Now... I could google why and give you all the technical information but you could also do that yourselves, so I'm just gonna give you my thoughts instead. 

I picked up the original Beauty Blender from Beauty Bay. It was £16 but there is free shipping available from them. As with any popular product the range has now expanded. I chose the original as this is the one I've seen used most often. 
Admittedly when I first opened it I was shocked at how small it was - then I read the instructions and realised you have to wet it for it to expand. Duh! 

Traditionally I am not a fan of applying my make up with a sponge. I always prefer a brush. But I have tried this product for full application and then for blending out my cream/liquid contour and also finishing my standard foundation base and it's this application rather than a full application that is my preference. 
Now by my own admission I was dubious. But I will admit that I am a Beauty Blender convert. I love this product. Admittedly it doesn't stay bright  pink for long but washing it will bring back its former glory! 


The only other similar product I've used is the Real Techniques sponge. Which is also great but despite the increased price I do prefer my Beauty Blender. If you aren't convinced the Real Techniques one is a great alternative and is a third of the price! 
There are other alternatives which I am hoping to try as with each wash mine is getting a little battered. 

Great finish... A little pricey! 

Have you tried any of the alternatives? What do you recommend? 

Rhian Xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment